Tuesday, May 13, 2008

My sister is awesome.

Last week I took a trip to NYC to see my sister graduate from Pratt with her fashion design BA. We had an awesome time! She had her senior fashion show in Manhattan, and showed off a bunch of outfits she designed and made. Although I did feel a little out of place at a NY fashion show with photographers, fashion representatives, and weird dudes with pirate shirts and mohawks, I had an absolute blast! Here are some of the dresses:
The grey one in the middle with the yellow hat was published in Women's Wear Daily, which is apparently a big deal in fashion (not that I know).
Unfortunately the organizers at Pratt didn't get the hint from the last 8 graduations, and it rained on the outdoor ceremony for the 9th year in a row. Nobody could see or hear, and we were all soaking wet and cold. The text messages went like this:
Me, after a 55-minute processional: How many ppl are graduating?
Her: 1000
Her: THIS SUCKS
Me: We can't see or hear. We love you to death and we're going to take a million pics when we get back but I think we're going to go.
Her: I'm coming with then, OK?
So we went back to her apartment and stuffed our faces, as usual at Weir gatherings. I made chicken wings. The recipe is: 8 oz Franks Red Hot, 2 cups ketchup and 2 cups regular coke in a crock pot, cook on high for 4-6 hours. The sauce is equal parts salted butter and Frank's.

No comments: